AdSense Monitor Documentation
With the buttons on the left you select type and style of monitor.
This button hides all reports. You can also hide (or display) the toolbar by double-clicking on the image in the header.
This button shows table reports.
30 Day Charts
This button shows 30 day charts.
90 Day Charts
This button shows 90 day charts.
This button shows yearly charts.
Domains – Custom Channels
Table reports for AdSense for Content can display domains (default) or custom channels. With this button you can switch between these two types.
With this button you can toggle color highlighting on or off.
Show products and channels with no earnings
This button toggles showing of products and channels which have page views but no earnings.
Update all reports
This button downloads all data and updates all reports and charts. Tiny Monitor automatically updates all reports, however, with this button you can force immediate updates. Normally, Tiny Monitor automatically updates all the data. Normally you'll rarely need to force updates, use this button only if you want to force all the reports to be downloaded now.
Update Daily Reports
This button downloads data and updates reports that change during the day: Today and This Month. Tiny Monitor automatically updates all reports, however, with this button you can force immediate update of Today and This Month reports. Normally you'll rarely need to force updates, use this button only if you want to force the data for Today and This Month reports to be downloaded now.
This button reloads all reports. No report is updated unless the cache files are missing or are outdated. Normally, Tiny Monitor automatically updates all the data. This is the only button you need to click to reload or refresh the reports in normal circumstances.
Before you can use AdSense monitor you need to enable it and provide some data. AdSense monitor settings are located under the GOOGLE ADSENSE tab in Tiny Monitor Settings.
To enable AdSense monitor select On. The icon on the right contains a link to the RSS feed. This link already contains the RSS feed password defined in the Tiny Monitor settings. Example of AdSense RSS feed:
AdSense Management API
TinyMonitor AdSense plugin uses AdSense Management API to get data. In order to use it you need to provide some parameters and allow access to your data.
- First you need to get Client ID and Client Secret. Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ (sign in to Google account if needed). Click on the Create project button and choose a name (e.g. Tiny Monitor). 1. Wait until the project is created.
- Switch to APIs / Library page (if you are not already there), click on AdSense Management API and enable it.
- Now go to Credentials and click on Create Credentials and select Oauth Client ID.
- For the product name type Tiny Monitor and for now you can leave the product logo and other fields empty. Select Other application for Application type.
- You should get Client ID and Client Secret for AdSense Management API. Copy them to the appropriate fields.
- IMPORTANT: Save settings and return back to the AdSense tab on the settings page to set Authorization Code. When you will save settings you will get error AdSense Authorization Code missing. This is normal, just go back to settings and set AdSense Authorization Code.
- Finally, click Get Authorization Code button, pop-up window will appear, allow access to AdSense data, copy Authorization Code to the appropriate field, close pop-up window and save settings.
AdSense Management API parameters are everything you need to start working with AdSense Monitor. All other settings will have default values and can be changed later.
When you start Tiny Monitor for the first time with AdSense plugin enabled, it has no data yet. While the data will be downloaded, reports updated and charts created the web page might stop responding for a while. Be patient and wait until everything is in place. The next time there will be less data to update so updates will be faster.
If you see only the plugin header after the plugin was just enabled simply double-click on the logo image to display the toolbar. Then you can select displays and options. Once you set desired display the settings will be automatically saved in the browser.
Here you define how often Tiny Monitor will download and update AdSense data. If you leave Update Time at default value of 60 minutes (recommended), the data will be updated every hour.
Complete Update Period defines time period after the daily update (when Google starts a new day) when all the reports are downloaded. Normally, only Today and Last Month reports are changed during the day. However, some time after a new day starts Yesterday, Last 7 Days and Last Month reports might change a little bit until the data is finalized. Complete Update Period defines this time when Tiny Monitor should update all reports. The default value is 120 minutes (2 hours).
Use only cached files is useful for debugging and should normally be set to No.
Reports and Report Columns
You can select which reports and which parameters will be show.
RSS Feed Reports and RSS Feed Columns
You can also select which reports and which parameters will be shown in the RSS feed.
AdSense monitor provides a nice feature to highlight rows according to the earnings. You can define up to 10 threshold values and colors. Once the earnings for some channel (domain or custom channel) are equal or above the threshold value the channel row will be colored with defined value. To select color simply click on the color field and select color from the palette.